Happy Wednesday ! Welcome to the 2nd instalment of ‘Behind the Brand’. Once a month I’ll be chatting to modern, cool suppliers who are available to enhance your wedding day and make it as personal and as fun as you want it. This week we have the super stylish and super friendly PROP Photo Booths, who supply photo/gif booths to weddings and events across the UK.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your company
I have worked in marketing and PR roles for a number of years but I knew I always wanted to start a company of my own. My boyfriend and I were at a friend’s wedding about a year ago and were really impressed by the photo booth they had – it was really fresh and modern and not like anything we had seen before. Being creative people, we thought let’s see if we can try and make our own photo booth and with a bit of trial and error we created a prototype. We are at an age where we are going to a lot of weddings so it didn’t take long for friends and family to ask if we could provide a photo booth for them and so PROP Photo Booths was born.
2. What do weddings mean to you?
We LOVE weddings! There’s nothing better than seeing a happy couple celebrating such a special day with all their friends and family. Sometimes people ask if it’s difficult working at weddings while everyone else is enjoying themselves but that couldn’t be further from the truth. All the guests are in such a good mood and we get to spend the evening laughing and joking with them in the booth.
3. As a professional in your field what are your 5 top tips regarding your craft?
Booking a photo booth should hopefully be one of the easier parts of organizing a wedding but there are a few tips to bear in mind:
- Try and book a company with fun photo booth attendants. A good booth attendant will be really welcoming and encourage your guests to use the booth.
- Think about incorporating your wedding theme in the booth – we have a really wide range of props and backdrops and we’ll always try to make sure the booth matches your theme. So if you’re having a vintage style wedding – let us know!
- Another nice idea can be to supply personalized props for the guests – we were at a wedding recently with a bride and groom who were really into sailing and had provided sailors hats with their initials on all the guests which looked amazing in photos.
- Get your bridesmaids to use the booth – sometimes guests can be a bit reluctant to use the booth at the start of the evening so seeing the wedding party getting stuck in really encourages everyone!
- Make sure you get some photos of you in the booth too!
4. What are couple’s main questions and concerns when they book you?
The main question we tend to get is around space restrictions. It’s important to think through exactly how much space you can give to a photo booth. Because our booths are open, they need much less space than a traditional booth but you still need to make sure there is enough space so guests aren’t tripping over the equipment. Another common question we get is around timings and the best time to start and finish. We always recommend that you start the booth after dinner once everyone is relaxed and ready for a photo but you don’t want to have the booth going on too late as the photos tend to go downhill after a lot of wine!
5. What’s been the highlight of your career so far?
Our photo booths have taken us to some really fun events. One event which sticks in the mind is a photo booth we did for an event with Lux Afrique at Claridge’s. We knew it was going to be a prestigious event but it wasn’t until we saw the red carpet as we came in that we realised that it was going to be something quite special. Then all the footballers starting arriving! Soon we had Maro Itoje in the booth, then MNEK, then Vanessa Feltz and Ben Ofoedu… What was so great about it was that the celebrities all got completely involved and were joking around and using all the props.
6. What would you love to see more in the wedding industry?
We would love to get involved with some more themed weddings. Weddings are such a personal experience and it’s really satisfying when you work with couples that really embrace this. We did a booth for a wedding with a gothic theme which gave us an opportunity to source some amazing props like black veils and crows! All the guests followed the gothic dress code and with the dramatic floral bouquets, it was an amazing spectacle.
7. 5 things you’re loving in life at the moment?
- I am loving the series You on Netflix at the moment – it’s really creepy but I can’t stop watching it!
- I am taking golf lessons (after finally caving into pressure from my boyfriend) and really enjoying it. I love sport and it’s great to be able to learn something new.
- After starting the year with a really boozy ski holiday, I’m now really enjoying getting back to eating vegetables, going to the gym and just trying to be a bit healthier! We’ll have to see how long it lasts…
- I’m a huge James Blake fan and I’m loving his latest album. Definitely worth a listen!
- I find listening to podcasts really helps me to focus when I’m trying to work and I recently discovered the 3rd Series of Serial. I love it! Only problem is I find myself getting too absorbed in the stories and I completely forget about what I’m meant to be doing!
A huge thanks to Clare at PROP Photo Booths for sharing her wisdom. Connect and Follow PROP Photo Booths;
- Insta: @propltd
- Facebook: @propltd
- Twitter: @PROP_ltd
- Website: propltd